Dec 26, 2010

Adonihs's Brush Pack






Artist's (adonihs) Comments

So these are really the only brushes I use, period. I barely, ever, use custom weird funky brushes unless its for design purpose. I find this collection achieves exactly what I want, and haven't searched elsewhere. It's like my Holy Grail so I figured all of you digi painters could use them as well!

Now you might be like "Why such a small list?" I don't mean this in an arrogant way , but I can really achieve any feeling I want with these brushes, just get used to them, play with it and it'll work out! They did for me.

I have a run down below on what each brush is used for in a painting:
Brushes

Standard Brush: This is what I use to drop my basic colors when quickly slapping down what I want. I seldom use it for actual detailing, but if I need to block in thick patches I'll use this brush.

Detailing Painting Brush: My favorite brush next to the fur brush. This one is simply used to get those nooks and crannies. If I were to use the brush above for 25% of the painting, this would be the other 75%.

Lighting Brush You know all those lens flares, over bright lights, shiny glowing areas I do? This is the brush. Use it softly and you'll achieve a nice bloom in your lighting.

Detailing Lighting Brush For tinier spots, harder lighting areas.

Texture Brush: I use this brush mostly for pores, dabbles on the skin, bumpy surfaces, or just to give texture to skin in general. Works like a charm.

Hair Brush/Smudge Brush Pretty Self Explanatory. Do I start off painting hair with this brush? No, I use the Standard Painting Brush then I go over it with this brush to create the strands/etc. As for the smudging, this is my ideal color mixer when I need to blend tones, acts like a bristle brush and merges all those nice colors together to create a creamy feel.

Chalk Brush: I use this for clouds sometimes, smoke, or just patching in colors. Works better than I can explain.

Hard Ink Brush: This I use rarely, but when I do use it, it really helps. Usually for adding glare, or tight highlights on certian objects to make them pop. Like the girls earring.

Texture Brush # 2 : This one I use a lot to get nice pores, that sweaty look or just overall skin texture.

Cloud Brush #1-3: Used to paint clouds, nuff' said.

Abrams Lighting Brush: I love this brush. In my "INSIDE THE BEAST" image, all those lighting effects you guys talked about were used with this brush.

Speckle Brush: Used for skin again, or to dirty something up.

Debris Brush: Need to create dirt flying? Tiny bumps on a sexy leg? This is it sucka.

Fur Brush: UNF! My favorite brush. I use this for skin, fur, cloth, metal, sparks, debris, glass, anything. It's a hard shell to crack, but once you do..it's a GREAT brush.

Pore Brush: Literally my 489474th brush used for skin/pores.

Glass Brush: Used to create shattered glass, papers flying, etc.

3 comments:

RedBlooded said...

Wohoo..I'm a fans of AdonihsXD
But somehow I couldn't found it anywhere on internet.
Do you know the link of these brushes?

RedBlooded said...

Ah...no no no, my bad...I didn't read it clearly. You've already put the link below the title. Hahahaha...thank you so much XD

rdb said...

No problem. Have a good time.. :)

Post a Comment